If your child loves dogs, is interested in helping people with disabilities and is looking for a fun way to spend the summer, sign up now! We’ll work with assistance dogs in training, in a fast paced, interactive class that will give your child the basics needed to train assistance dogs. We’ll even be teaching dogs to read through a proven method, developed by Dr. Bonnie Bergin, founder of the assistance dog industry.
Students ages 10 – 17
Sessions are 9 am – 2 pm Tuesday through Friday (Mondays off)
Bring your lunch and beverage!
Class size is limited to 14 students per session. Classes fill up fast! Register now to reserve a spot!
Join us for a fun packed summer class!
- Learn the basics of training an assistance dog to one day work with a person with a disability
- Hands-on training with dogs
- Teach your dog to read – yes, READ!
- Take responsibility for another living being
- Become skilled at knowing what makes a good assistance dog
- Experience the unconditional love of an assistance dog in training
- Learn dog training using Force-Free training methodology
- Gain knowledge about the psychology of dogs and people
- Learn how dogs – and people – learn, process new information and develop and refine new skills
- Learn about the sociology of dogs and people
- Gain disability awareness from the perspective of people with disabilities
- Teaching methodologies that are relevant to managing people
- Have a great time! Meet new people and make new friends!
- June 6—June 16 – FULL!
- June 20—June 30 – FULL!
- July 11—July 21 – FULL!
- July 25—August 4 – FULL!
- Dec. 26 – Jan. 5th
Sign Up Form for Power Paws Unleashed Camp. Download and email to Elaine@azpowerpaws.org